To Encourage Others - To Share My Heart - To Share Helpful Hints!

May this blog be an encouragement to you. I hope you will read this and know that what I have/will achieved is also possible for you. I hope to inspire you by sharing my journey of the ups and downs of weightloss with things that have helped me, and things that haven't. In return, I hope you will share with me.
God Bless,
Judi

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wrong Question - Part I

This is a message God gave me yesterday that I just started preaching out loud to myself when no one else was home. Please note God gets all the glory for this. He gave this to me to empower me. I pray it will do the same for you.

When someone asks me "How did you lose weight?", I have learned that they are asking the wrong question. Because honestly, when you think about it, everyone knows HOW to lose weight. Everyone. Two words. Diet & Exercise. That is how. You aren't going to be able to do it any other way and have success losing and keeping it off! It just ain't gonna happen.

So then what is the question that should be asked? I am convinced, from my past experiences that it should be "Why did you lose the weight?" or to make it more personal, which is what needs to be done, one should ask, "Why do I need to lose the weight?". Why do you need to? Why do you want to? What is your reason? Is it to look good? Is it to be healthier? Maybe you need to go deeper. What is the real reason you look at people who are thin or have lost weight and feel that longing to be like them? Is it so you can feel better physically? Is it so you will be around to see your kids graduate? Get married? Is it to be able to see your grandkids not only grow up but play with them before they do grow up? Or could it be even more personal, like, so you will fit into your spouse's arms? Maybe you need to lose the weight because you know you are not able to physically do what you are called to do. Are you not able to fulfill your purpose because of too much extra weight or you aren't physically in shape? 

What is your "Why?" Until you are able to answer that question openly and honestly you will continue to try and fail at losing weight or getting in shape. Think about it. Pray about it. Ask the One who knows all things to reveal it to you.  And be ready to do some hard looking at your life. 

When you have the answer read Part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment