To Encourage Others - To Share My Heart - To Share Helpful Hints!

May this blog be an encouragement to you. I hope you will read this and know that what I have/will achieved is also possible for you. I hope to inspire you by sharing my journey of the ups and downs of weightloss with things that have helped me, and things that haven't. In return, I hope you will share with me.
God Bless,
Judi

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Encouragement for the Soul

“I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.” Harriet Tubman

I was a slave to my food addiction, but I didn't know it.  I would do whatever it wanted me to do. I never said no, but always thought I was in control. Some control, I coward in front of cake. I whined for lack of chocolate. I was no match for the power of food, and had no idea what a stronghold it was to me.

However,

I am freed in the name of Jesus Christ, who is my strength!! I don't have to bow to my addictions anymore. I no longer have to feel ashamed and weak. I am not strong in my own strength but in the Creator of all things, Jehovah God. He is my strength; He is my provider; He is my healer. He has broken my chains of slavery, for I was in bondage to food, and has set me free. 
Free to live my life on purpose! With a purpose! For a purpose! Praise be to Him alone!

-Just had to share that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment