To Encourage Others - To Share My Heart - To Share Helpful Hints!

May this blog be an encouragement to you. I hope you will read this and know that what I have/will achieved is also possible for you. I hope to inspire you by sharing my journey of the ups and downs of weightloss with things that have helped me, and things that haven't. In return, I hope you will share with me.
God Bless,
Judi

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Sliders

I made these last night and everyone loved them! They were quite scrumptious, if I do say so myself. I wouldn’t have put the ingredients together, but they were quite good and my boys ate them up! Philip said he didn’t mind eating healthy as long as it tastes good like this did. I took that as a complement.
So enjoy!

Turkey Sliders
Topping

    * 1 cucumber, diced
    * 1/2 cup crumbled mozzerella
    * 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    * 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, minced
    * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    * Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Mix all together and chill while making burgers.


 Burgers

    * 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
    * 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    * 1 teaspoon onion powder
    * salt & pepper
    * Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls or Whole wheat flat bread (100 calories)

Cut rolls in half to make the buns and set aside. Mix ingredients with the turkey. Take little chunks at a time a press into small slider patties. Cook in a pan or on the GF grill until done. I spray the pan with olive oil first. When burgers are cook place on the buns and add the topping.


Makes about 18 sliders.

No comments:

Post a Comment